PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE PAGE AS IT WILL HELP WITH YOUR ENTRY.
All the information must be submitted online. Please read the following carefully and pay particular attention to the type, number and size of file that can be uploaded.
- All entries must be submitted using the online entry form
- Complete your online entry form by 5pm Friday 5th June 2020. Late entries will not be considered
- Your entry will be confirmed by email once you have uploaded your nomination
- Each entry should consist of 1 file with a recommended word count of 800 words incorporating all the questions outlined in the criteria. The file should be a word document and NOT in PDF format.
- At the end of this document you may add a section for 'supporting evidence' which should be no more than 100 words long but can include up to 2 images and technical specifications. This must be included within your entry and not as a separate document. Entries that exceed the word count by 10% may be disqualified.
- Please note, you cannot access or amend your entry once submitted.
- Any videos should be uploaded to YouTube/Vimeo or similar and the URL only included in the submission
- All entrants will be advised of their outcome by the end of August 2020
- Shortlisted entries will be announced in the September issue of Highways magazine and on the website
- All shortlisted entries need to be represented at the awards ceremony with a minimum of 5 seats booked
- Winners will be announced at the awards ceremony & gala dinner on Tuesday 13th October 2020*
Whether you're entering an award for an authority / company / scheme / product / system / service or initiative, we can't tell you exactly how you can win, but there are a few simple guidelines that could help with your entry and maybe even increase your chances of getting short listed or even winning.
To ensure that you submit the correct information, please carefully read each of the bullet points in the criteria for the category entered. Make sure you state what the criteria has specifically asked for in the submission.
- Incomplete entries will not be accepted
- Submitting a video clip – by means of a YouTube or Vimeo URL link – is often useful for the judges but remember if they don't have a voice over there will be no accompanying explanation. This is optional.
- Remember to be succinct - make sure your entry has impact
- Please do not submit brochures or marketing material as this will not be considered for judging
Key items to include are:
- Details of any testing carried out (supplemented by the relevant results) that indicate the effectiveness of the entry
- Proof of measurement and success
- Consultation processes are also important - please give full details and examples of how these were addressed
- The benefits of the product / service that you are entering - explain the difference that you have made
- Before and after photographs, technical diagrams are also a powerful demonstration
- Any statistics that demonstrate the performance after installation / introduction
- Details of professional accreditation
- Demonstrate the value of the benefits gained by using the authority / company / scheme / product / system / service or initiative
- Industry references that support your entry
*CORONAVIRUS UPDATE. No-one can predict how your celebrations may be affected on 13 October – whether they will need to be re-scheduled or simply adapted on the night. We wanted to assure you that, should numbers be restricted, we are exploring ways that other members of your organisations can join us virtually, and table requirements will be adjusted accordingly. We will keep you updated on developments throughout the summer.
One thing we do know is that nothing will stand in the way of our resilient #HighwaysHeroes. Recognise, Reward, Celebrate.
For further information, or if you experience any problems, please contact:
Adele Humphries at email@example.com or on 020 7973 4625.